The IMG have strived to provide updates whenever possible and appreciate that this is an extremely difficult time for the fans and wider community, so thank you for sticking with us. Please see the latest update from the IMG below:
- The club are seeking urgent written clarification from BDBC on whether football can be continued to be played whilst a planning application is submitted. Previous verbal statements from councillors and the planning department had been contradictory. If a planning application can be submitted whilst football is still being played, then there is the possibility of starting season 2017-18 at The Camrose.
- In the light of the uncertainty about planning ‘rules’, Farnborough FC and The Southern Football League have kindly agreed to extend the deadline regarding activating the provisional ground share agreement until Friday 5 May. The club thank the League and Farnborough for agreeing to this.
- A supporters meeting is to be planned for mid-May with the precise date decided upon shortly. The aim is to settle on a date when maximum information is available.
- Steve Williams will be joining the IMG with the brief to assist on the development of the club into a Community Club, owned and run by its members in the interests of the community. He will also help seek support from the council for a site to be developed for the club in the town. Williams was a player and manager at the club in the 70s/80s and is past chairman of local sports charity Overton Recreation Centre.
- IMG confirmed the need to develop the Community Club constitution and rules quickly over the next few months and would form a sub group to focus on this.